Video Transfer Service
Transfer Home Videos to Digital
Convert aging videotapes into digital keepsakes that will last a lifetime. Get your memories back on DVD, USB, or the cloud to easily share and view on all of your modern devices.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
Accepted Video Formats
Expert Home Video to Digital Transfer Services
Nostalgic Media transforms your aging videotapes into digital keepsakes for lasting enjoyment. We take a personalized approach to ensure your memories' safety, processing each videotape in-house by hand. We keep you informed throughout the digitization process, using top-quality, professional-grade equipment. We have the capability to convert video formats that others can't, making us the best video transfer service for all your digital conversion needs.
- 7 business day average turnaround
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- All original media returned
- Quantity discounted pricing
- Secure USB flash drives and digital downloads available
- Safe & secure: All transfers done in-house
- 30+ years of experience
What Does It Cost?
|Tape quantity||DVD only
(price per tape)
|DVD + Digital
(price per tape)
$30 minimum explained
If the quantity of tapes you wish to transfer results in a total cost of less than $30, you'll be charged the minimum amount of $30. This minimum fee helps cover the operational costs involved in handling and digitizing your precious memories with care and precision.
- No charge for blank tapes
- Free DVD included with each tape
- Free USB flash drive included with 4+ tapes (digital files required)
Digital storage details
Digital files with orders under 4 tapes will be returned on a DVD data disc. Please note that this isn't for movie playback; it simply stores the digital files for you to transfer to your computer. If your computer lacks a disc drive or you prefer, upgrade to a USB flash drive for $10.
Extras and add-ons
- Digital download link (digital files required) - $10
- Repair damaged tape - $20
- Special format tapes (S-VHS, Beta, U-matic, PAL) - $20
3 Simple Steps to Preserve Your Memories
How Our Video Conversion Service Works
Our home video transfer service makes it simple to safeguard your precious memories while ensuring a secure and organized process. Here's how it all comes together:
- Safe Tracking: Once your tapes arrive at our secure processing lab, each tape is meticulously labeled with a unique identification number. This number is tied to your specific order, providing a secure and traceable path for your memories throughout the conversion process.
- Tape Assessment: We carefully assess each of your videotapes to ensure they are in suitable condition for conversion. There's no charge for blank or damaged tapes that can't be converted.
- 100-Year Archival DVDs: By default, each tape you send us will be expertly transferred to a separate 100-year archival DVD, ensuring long-lasting preservation.
- Digital File Options: Want digital copies of your videos? No problem! If you choose to add digital files to your service, each tape will also receive a separate digital file.
- Digital Delivery: If your order has fewer than 4 tapes with added digital files, your files will be returned on a DVD data disc. If you prefer, you can opt for a USB flash drive or a digital download link. For orders of 4 or more tapes with added digital files, we include a free USB flash drive.
- Originals Returned: All original media will be returned with your completed order, along with their digitized copies. DVDs and/or digital files will be labeled with the same unique identification numbers found on each video cassette.
Trusted by Thousands of Families
with the outcome of the 70 year old slides that you converted to digital files for me. The end product was a lot better than I expected. This was the first time I have seen pictures of my father from when he was a young boy in the 1950s. He passed last year and these keepsakes are very treasured."Stephen S.
"I was very pleased
with Nostalgic Media. First, leading up to placing my order, I called them and got someone on the phone immediately, no 1 minute recording. My questions were answered and I submitted my material and payment. The sending was quick and I was notified of shipping dates. Would use their services again."Tom R.
"Nostalgic media delivered
just as they advertised. They converted my 55+ year old 8mm reels into digital media and now my family can relive some golden moments that I had feared were lost to memory. They were fast and gave me a product better than what I had hoped for. I recommend them without hesitation."William G.
Digitize and Protect Your Home Movies
Your memories are precious, and they deserve to be cherished for a lifetime. That's why it's so important to digitize your old home videos and preserve them for future generations. With Nostalgic Media, you can trust us to handle your analog media with care and expertise, transforming them into high-quality digital files that can be easily shared and enjoyed with friends and family.
Why is it so important to digitize your videotapes? Analog media, such as VHS tapes, degrade over time. Exposure to heat, humidity, and other environmental factors can cause irreversible damage, leading to loss of content and deterioration of image and sound quality. By digitizing your tapes, you ensure that your memories are protected from the effects of time, allowing you to relive those precious moments whenever you want.
Nostalgic Media is the perfect choice for your video transfer needs. With over 30 years of experience in video production and photography, we have honed our skills and perfected the art of preserving memories. Our team of experts uses professional-grade equipment and techniques to ensure that each videotape is handled with the utmost care and attention to detail.
Along with our unmatched experience, you get:
- Personal care & attention from our professional technicians
- Industry best turnaround times
- Everyday low, quantity discounted pricing to save you money
Don't let your precious memories fade away. Choose Nostalgic Media to help you enjoy your digitized memories again and again on DVD, USB, or the cloud. With our experience, expertise, and commitment to quality, we are the best choice for preserving your old and aging videos. Contact us today and start the hassle-free process of future-proofing your past.
Understanding Our Video Transfer Service
No. Each videotape is converted to a separate archival grade DVD. We create our DVDs according to industry standards for Video and Data DVDs. Our DVDs will play on nearly any stand-alone DVD player. If your DVD player was manufactured after 2001 and reads DVD-R media (the most common type), it’s likely to play the DVD. Some Blu-Ray players will not play any type of recordable media, please consult your player's owner's manual to determine compatibility with DVD-R type media.
No. If you do not own the copyright of the material submitted, it is illegal for us to make copies. Any copyrighted material included in your transfer order will not be processed if it is available for purchase on DVD or as a digital download. Please call us for more details if you are unsure of your videotapes’ copyright status.
No. If you submit tapes that are blank or too damaged for us to convert, you will not be charged.
Depending on the type of damage, Yes. There is a $20 repair charge for each damaged videotape. If we encounter any damaged tapes after you submit your order, we will contact you before any repairs are made/charged.
Yes. All media will be returned with your completed order.